Time to Focus
Have you ever realized that you needed something from another room in your home, but when you walked into the room, you stood there with your hands on your hips, and for the life of you, couldn’t remember why you were there?!
There are many times throughout the day that focus can elude us. Sometimes it means we don’t get a project done at work, we can’t recall the errands we were supposed to run during our lunch break, or we forgot that we needed scissors in the storage closet.
When you find your focus drifting, keep in mind these simple tips to help you feel sharper, more productive and more efficient:
1. One thing at a time! You miss important things when you try to over-multi-task.
2. Use reminders. Keep notes in your phone, diary or hanging on your computer screen. Create a system to help you keep important appointments and other commitments.
3. Make lists. If planning your child’s birthday party is a priority, make a check-list of critical tasks with timelines to help keep you on task.
4. Eliminate distractions. If your desk is messy and you get sidetracked away from important tasks, take time to clean and organize.
5. Prioritise. When everything feels urgent, take time to prioritize what matters most and needs to be done first.
Follow these tips to help sharpen your focus, and remember that any good habit requires practice.
Now where did those scissors go?
If you’d like to know more please contact me.