DISC Personality Profiling
DISC Personality Profiling is a behaviour assessment tool, a useful and powerful way of understanding different personality types and the best way to communicate with them. It is one of the most successful and highly validated personality profiling tests of its kind (with 90% to 95% accuracy) and is used by millions of people and businesses around the world.
DISC is an acronym for the four behavioural styles of Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Conscientiousness. The science behind DISC Behavioural Styles suggests that all people possess these four basic behavioural tendencies to differing degrees. Each style has its own ideal communication style and preferred working environment, as well as its own motivators, fears and challenge areas.
A major cause of conflict in the workplace, in particular, is poor communication. Learning to ‘read’ people helps improve communication and personal performance. Knowing a person’s preferred style of communication through DISC, allows you to modify your preference to better suit the other person. That is, as soon as you understand your own style, and the styles of your colleagues, managers and other important people in your life, you gain a powerful insight into how to improve your mutual communication, teamwork, relationships (personal and professional) and the ability to get along with others.
Benefits of DISC for leaders, managers and your teams
Whether you are a leader, manager or just want to improve communication within your environment, then DISC profiling is for you. Gaining an insight into how the people in your team reflect the DISC personality styles means that everyone has a much better understanding of, and respect for, each other’s strengths, differences and preferences.
The most effective way to use DISC profiling in your business is for each team member to complete a profile, and then for you all to share key highlights and insights. DISC will also help you:
- Learn how your team’s individual styles interact and enhance the whole team dynamic.
- Appreciate the impact you have on others.
- Flex your management style to get the best out of individuals.
- Understand your and your team’s style and become a better leader and motivator.
- Understand your team’s drivers and motivations to boost team morale – your staff will be happier and more effective.
- Engage your staff, and ultimately therefore your clients.
- Understand your customers’ styles and preferred way of communicating.
- Recruit more effectively.
- Reduce time, money and energy spent on recruitment.
DISC in Team Building Workshop
DISC is a tool that can positively impact team dynamics, so each person has a greater understanding of themselves, their strengths and how they influence and impact the other members of the team.
To access the benefits of DISC profiling for you and your business, I offer both in-house workshops with your team and individual profiling.
Individual DISC profile
One of the first steps in my 1:1 coaching programme is to take you through the DISC process for yourself, and with your agreement complete a one-off DISC assessment.
Once you have signed-up, I will send you a link to your own DISC questionnaire. This takes around seven minutes to complete and is straightforward to fill in. You will receive your DISC Profile, and a 17-page report on “pure you”.
This will help you understand clearly your motivations and drivers, and the way you like to communicate with the important people around you. DISC will also help you to:
- Understand yourself and others better so you can manage your relationships more effectively.
- Know your particular strengths and how to communicate them, for example in a performance appraisal or when interviewing for a new job.
- Understand how different styles prefer you to communicate with them.
- Understand how you prefer to be communicated with.
- Know your preferred environments.
- Manage conflict and disagreements much more effectively towards harmonious resolution.
- Understand yours and others’ greatest fears.
- Identify yours and others’ possible challenge areas.
- Understand your goal setting preferences and decision-making strategies.
Once completed, I will contact you to schedule a convenient time to share a 30-minute feedback session by phone or Skype to help you assess what it all means for you.