What is coaching?
The coaching process helps people dramatically improve their outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential. (The International Coach Federation (ICF)).
Coaching services are different from consulting, mentoring, counselling or therapy. It is a designed alliance, a partnering of a coach with a client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. It is a dynamic, results-oriented process, during which the coach works with the client around their desire to move forward in their life and supports them to unlock their potential and achieve their goals and ambitions.
It focuses on short-term, medium-term and long-term goals, on specific capabilities, on the present and the future, on immediate practical problems and concerns, and is based on a methodology that focuses on searching and thorough investigation. It helps people to escape from where they are now and supports them on the way forward. It empowers them by facilitating self-directed learning, personal development and improved performance.
A cardinal belief of coaching is that the client is the only expert in their life and truly knows who they are and what they need. Standing on this foundation, coaching is non-judgmental and non-directive, and it recognises that the best person to judge what is right for you, is you.
THE COACH’S RESPONSIBILITY IS TO
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client self-discovery
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable
The coach’s skills are about asking the right questions and having the right tools and techniques to empower the client find answers within themselves. In other words, the coach is simply an expert in the coaching process and has the best questions for the client’s answers. The client has the main ownership of their goals and they are always responsible for their own life and choices.
BENEFITS OF COACHING SERVICES
The coaching process empowers you to:
- Take an active role in your life and career journey
- Establish attainable short- and long-term goals
- Identify and objectively assess obstacles to your success
- Implement positive change that aligns with your personal values
- Overcome limiting beliefs and build confidence
- Improve motivation, time management and organizational skills
- Stop procrastination and self-sabotaging tactics
- Prepare for important situations (such as public speaking, exams, etc.)
- Develop strategies to reduce stress and anxiety
- Establish a good balance between work/study, family, and social activities
“Eva has proved to be a highly effective coach during our sessions. She managed them very effectively and also provided some great material for me to work on. I found these both challenging and rewarding. I would highly recommend engaging with Eva in a coaching relationship. The outcome has certainly changed my life for the better.”